Remote Assistant Service
WHAT WE DO | We provide property management companies with full-time remote employees who reside in Mexico. Our employees are highly skilled professionals (many possess college degrees) who are capable of doing anything a domestic employee can do from a computer. Here are some examples of tasks our employees do for companies across the United States and Canada:
Answer all calls that come into the main phone number of the company and find solutions to 80% – 90% of those calls without transferring
Tackle escalated customer service issues
Manage property owner inquiries
Answer questions about the operations
Coordinate maintenance and turnover service issues with technicians and vendors
Enter bills into the computer system, code and assign them to the correct owner and property
Reconcile bank accounts
Handle leasing calls, lease questions, and set up appointments for viewing units
Troubleshoot maintenance service issues over the phone and create service issue tickets
Establish budgets and obtain approvals from owners of buildings on repairs or improvements
Dispatch service orders
Conduct move-in surveys, move-out surveys, and maintenance surveys and ask for 5 star reviews when tenants are happy
Execute social media marketing campaigns, video editing, unit marketing
Schedule and coordinating business development meetings
Of course, not everyone has the same skills or experience so based on a detailed job description we are happy to find the right person for you based on your needs. We can find people with backgrounds in customer service, bookkeeping, marketing and more.
Our goal is to source employees that our clients will highly value, and develop as they would any domestic employee.
Our staff in Mexico have the same goals and ambitions as any domestic teammate, and so we are interested in providing growing and challenging career opportunities for them. We want to help them witness their full potential at work.
The cost of this service ranges from $7 to $12 an hour depending on the job responsibilities, experience and education level you are looking for.
HOW THE HIRING PROCESS WORKS | If you are interested in a remote assistant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our sales team will schedule time with you to talk about your individual needs. After the meeting, we will send you a sample job description of the position discussed and the contract. Once the contract has been signed and a $1,000.00 deposit collected we will begin searching for your perfect candidate. After we search for people who meet your needs we will put together a few interviews for you with qualified candidates to choose from. By the time the candidates get to this client interview stage, they have already passed many hurdles in our hiring process. Steps candidates must pass include sending a resume, filling out an application, uploading a video of them speaking English, passing an English test, passing the first interview and completing an assignment relevant to the position. Their pay rate will have been settled prior to your interview based on their experience and education level. This process ensures that the hiring process is as thorough and easy as possible for you, and that the candidates are highly qualified. The interviews will be held over webcam and someone from our recruitment team will be on the interview to assist you as much or as little as you like in asking the important questions. Once your agent is chosen we will create a start date and move to the training phase.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ANEQUIM |
- We provide training of the employee on the first day. Training includes the following:
- ADA/Fair Housing (class and test)
- How to ask for 5 star online reviews
- Common pitfalls for remote agents and how to avoid them
- How to answer the phone professionally
- How to handle angry callers
- Education on the four ways people die in property management and how to prevent worst-case scenarios (natural gas explosion, carbon monoxide poisoning, fire, and the importance of permission to enter so a technician is not mistaken for an intruder.)
- How to add additional value to you and your organization after they have mastered their operational role
- How to track their time accurately so you get invoiced properly
- We provide you with a portal so you can track your agent’s productivity. This portal allows you to monitor keystrokes, screenshots, and time worked.
- Agents work legally in Mexico which creates stability for you. This means that they get paid a fair wage, have health care, are eligible for a housing allowance (standard in Mexico), receive a Christmas bonus (standard in Mexico) and pay taxes. These expenses are all included in your hourly rate. Being a legal company in Mexico means that we can recruit top talent, advertise our positions in traditional ways, and the employees don’t have to worry about the government freezing their bank accounts or taking legal action against them for not paying taxes or working illegally.
- We can help troubleshoot any issues you may have with your agent. Are communication issues looking like productivity issues? Is there confusion in who they report to? Our coaching has helped our clients get more productivity out of their agents and prevent turnover.
- Advise you on pay increases, bonuses, and promotions that get the results you are looking for at rates that make the most sense.
Jeremy Aspen, the co-founder of Anequim, lived in Mexico in the late 1990’s and early 2000s. In 2008 a friend and past colleague from that time called and inquired about any possible work opportunities we might have for our property management business that she could perform from her home in Mexico. This was in the midst of the great recession when jobs in the United State as well as in Mexico were hard to come by. Two weeks after that call we had her answering our company’s incoming call via a VOIP phone. It worked out swimmingly. We got to help a friend out who needed a job while providing a better customer service experience for our owners and tenants. After that, we started hiring her friends for other positions which helped us expand at a faster pace than we ever thought possible. The rapid expansion then helped us create more jobs and opportunities back in our hometown, Omaha, Nebraska.
In 2015, our friends who own a property management company in Denver asked if we could find someone to help them with some of their business needs. We recruited through our network and found the perfect person to fit their company culture. They were so happy with the service that they ended up hiring more professionals from us which enabled them to grow at breakneck speed without sacrificing quality.
We loved watching our friend’s business boom and wanted to help more businesses in our field. In June of 2016, Gwenn, founder of Anequim, spent a weekend at the local Marriott and created the initial processes and procedures for the remote assistant program, from there Anequim was born. We are passionate about helping our clients grow and advance at speeds they never thought possible through our various services.
Are you interested in this service? Please click here to connect with our friendly sales team.